- Covid Relief Work for India
- Neasden Temple donates 24 tonnes of flour to The Felix Project
- Oxygen Concentrators Reach Patients at Rural Clinics and Health Centres in India
- Neasden Temple Sends Oxygen Concentrators and Emergency Medical Equipment to India
- Cycle Challenge Raises Over £600,000 for India’s Covid-19 Relief Work
- View All
News & Events
The auspicious Hindu festival of Maha-Shivaratri was joyously celebrated at BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, London on Sunday 10 March 2013. The day began with the sacred and traditional bathing of the Shivalinga performed by the sadhus.
An ice Shivalinga, symbolising the manifestation of Lord Shiva, was displayed in the Haveli entrance providing a reminder of the sacred pilgrimage town of Amarnath in India where a natural ice Shivalinga exists.
As part of the festivities at the Mandir, devotees and visitors had the opportunity to offer Shiva-puja with bilva-patra (bael leaves) and perform abhishek of the Shivalinga with milk throughout the day.
A beautiful annakut (religious offering of food for thanksgiving) was artistically displayed, in which many varieties of ‘falahar’ items were offered at the shrines of Bhagwan Swaminarayan and Shiva-Parvati.