- Covid Relief Work for India
- Neasden Temple donates 24 tonnes of flour to The Felix Project
- Oxygen Concentrators Reach Patients at Rural Clinics and Health Centres in India
- Neasden Temple Sends Oxygen Concentrators and Emergency Medical Equipment to India
- Cycle Challenge Raises Over £600,000 for India’s Covid-19 Relief Work
- View All
News & Events
His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj inaugurated BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, London on the Hindu calendric day of Shravan Vad 10 (Sunday 20 August) in 1995. Since that historic day, the internationally acclaimed Mandir has inspired millions of worshippers, visitors and members of the local community to experience a profound sense of peace, fulfilment and spiritual harmony.
The 23rd anniversary of the Mandir was celebrated in the presence of Sadguru Pujya Tyagvallabh Swami on Wednesday 5 September 2018.
Swamis began the ‘patotsav’ – marking the anniversary of the Mandir’s opening and the calendric day that its murtis were first infused with the divine presence of God – with a special Vedic ceremony in the morning. Devotees also prayed for God to bless the world with peace, prosperity and harmony.
A variety of sweet and savoury dishes were artistically arranged before the deities in the main shrines to thank God for his providence. Visitors observed this traditional offering of food (‘annakut’) and also participated in the abhishek (ritual bathing of Shri Nilkanth Varni).
Devotees visited the Mandir throughout the day to offer their devout veneration on this special day.