- Devotional Procession through Streets of London
- Neasden Temple Marks International Day of Yoga with Indian High Commission
- Neasden Temple Hosts Big Lunch for Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee
- Neasden Temple Lights Beacon to Celebrate Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- Neasden Temple Partners with The FA to Promote Women’s Football
- View All
News & Events
BAPS Charities, UK organised a Dental Health Seminar at BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, London on Sunday 13 November 2011. It was attended by more than 200 people, for whom 18 dentists and dental students offered their professional expertis.
The aim of the seminar was to raise awareness about the:
- benefits and importance of caring for one’s dental and oral health
- availability of NHS dental services
- importance of visiting your dentist regularly
- availability of various treatment options
As part of the seminar, seven stations were set up, each dealing with an important topic of dental health care. They offered a plethora of information in the form of leaflets, posters, models, demonstrations and interactive presentations with small group discussions. The topics covered were:
- Effective Oral Hygiene
- Diet and Dental Health Education
- Dry Mouth and Oral Cancer and Precancerous Lesions
- Crowns, Bridges, Implants and Temporo-Mandibular Joint Diseases
- NHS Dentistry
- Orthodontics for Children and Youngsters
- Denture Care for the Elderly
Senior dentists were also on hand to answer any further questions using their experience, expertise and, if necessary, Gujarati-speaking skills to simplify dental jargon.
The seminar proved to be an important and useful learning experience for all who attended.
For more information about BAPS Charities, UK, please visit uk.bapscharities.org.