Important Information for Visiting Schools and Groups
Thank you for showing an interest in visiting BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, London.
In order to make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible, we have a number of systems in place at the Mandir. We sincerely value your health and safety, and so request your assistance in carefully noting and understanding the following:
- We have valid public liability insurance. (To view the confirmation letter, please click here.)
- We have our own Health and Safety policy.
- To conduct your own risk assessment, please see the information here.
- We have strict fire procedures in place, with appointed fire wardens. All equipment is serviced regularly and fire drills are held regularly.
- On arrival, you will be briefed about our fire safety procedures, including emergency exits and assembly points.
- For the safety of all visitors, the Mandir complex has its own in-house security. Bags, cameras (including camcorders) and sharp objects are not allowed. On entering, you may have to pass through a simple security check.
- We have a bag deposit cabin (cloakroom) located within the car park, where you are able to store personal belongings. Please note that the Mandir cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage incurred to items stored here.
- We fully cater for the disabled – with provisions of wheelchairs, ramps and passenger lifts. In order for us to be better prepared for your visit, please inform us in advance of how many visitors may require special assistance.
- Please note that the upper sanctum in the main Mandir is a quiet zone.
- Please switch off mobile phones prior to entering the premises. Any mobile phones with cameras must not be used to take photos or video footage inside the complex.
- Please note that a strict dress code operates within the Mandir complex. Specifically, tops must cover the shoulders, chest, upper arms, and navel. Leg-wear must be at least below knee-length.
- It is customary to remove footwear upon entering any part of the Haveli complex. Shoe racks are provided within the complex.
- The Mandir has its own free car park, with limited spaces for buses/coaches. The Mandir cannot accept responsibility for any vehicles using these facilities.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the premises, including the car park. Nor is food or drink allowed on the premises. Please discard chewing gum prior to entering.
Please contact the General Manager if you have any questions or would like further information about any of the above.
We look forward to welcoming your group soon. Thank you.
BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir